Search This Blog

Monday, December 7, 2009

New Resolve

I've noticed something. My sisters are avid bloggers. (Cookie, I mean, you don't officially write a blog--but your weekly newsletter is FANTASTIC! If you started a blog, you would have a pretty dedicated following by now). Both of them are able to cull fantastically funny, meaningful events out of the daily routine. I, on the other hand, have done nothing to make a meaningful record of my life (other than the spurts of private journal writing). Months and months of silence record everything that has happened in my life up here in the rugged northwest. Though when pressed, I say my life is filled with a quick successions of busy nothings, in reality, that is simply not true. I am constantly meeting people, laughing, enjoying life, complaining--I mean, something has to have happened to me, right? And yet, I still don't put it all down in a blog. I love to chronicle; I love the drama of real life. Why don't I blog? And yet, I still don't put it down in a blog. It's not right. I know it is not right, but still, do I do anything? No.

Well, friends, this cycle has to stop! (and please note this is even happening before an obligatory new year's resolution forces my hand). I have plenty of things of which to be grateful and record. Weird conversations, fun adventures. I am a devoted follower of the nieniedialogues, pioneerwoman, and natthefatrat--all wonderfully interesting women, who make the ordinary funny, meaningful, and worthwhile. I'm going to join the ranks.


No comments:

Post a Comment