Search This Blog

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Outside Looking In

Sometimes I think people are a little . . .insensitive. Not intentially, mind you, but sometimes I think that's even worse. I mean, to be so past feeling that you experience the insensitivity so naturally that it just flows into your behavior that you don't even notice it. Sounds I a little begrudged? Well, I'll give you a for instance. Let's say, you have a bigger than average work area than most people, and let's say that those most people are going to be having a Christmas party (which you are not invited to attend), and let's say that those partying most people are having a White Elephant exchange. And let's say that those partying most people need a place to drop off their gifts and they come to you and say,"Hey, Whitney, can we put our stacks of White Elephante gifts in your work area so that our surprise over the ownership of gifts can be genuine and our party can be filled with an even greater amount of giggles and laughs, joy and happiness? Oh, and you're not invited." Well, maybe those most people didn't say that last little sentence, but I felt it. I really did. That's what makes it so tragic.

I mean, here are the presents, all bright and cheerful.



And here is sad, sad me feeling like the kid on the side looking in (queue violins).



3 comments:

  1. Um, yeah, I think I'd be a little bugged about that too. What are they thinking???

    ReplyDelete
  2. And don't worry, we'll have so much fun playing in the warm 70 degree weather down here while they will be freezing they're patooties off. You'll feel some vindication. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, why weren't you invited? Were you manning the phones or involved in meetings? Or do they just not consider you part of the team? That's pretty lame not include everyone in a White Elephant gift exchange...

    ReplyDelete